We have expanded our Princes St Butcher stock to include export-quality lamb sourced from the Catlins! This week we are featuring butterflied lamb leg, which is perfect for barbecuing in a Greek-style marinade. Come by and pick up the ingredients to have a delicious weekend dinner :)
- 1 tbsp dried oregano/parsley/mixed herbs
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp sea salt
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup Dunford Grove olive oil
- 110g Fuschia Creek Feta, crumbled
- 150g The Kiwi Artisan manuka-smoked olives, halved
- 120g Vern Paddock Green Salad Mix, torn
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 capsicum, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 3 tbsp Ollies olive oil
- 1 tbsp Te Mata Figs caramelised fig balsamic
Mix ingredients in a large ziplock bag.
Add lamb, massage bag well to get the marinade into all the meat cracks and crevices.
Seal bag and marinate for 24 hours (3 hours minimum).
Remove lamb from the fridge 1 hour prior to cooking.
Brush grates with oil then preheat BBQ until very hot. (Takes a good 15 minutes, lid closed, with a basic gas BBQ).
Remove lamb from marinade and place on the grill, fat side down.
Cook for 12 minutes, then turn and cook the flesh side for 8 minutes, or until the internal temperature in the thickest part registers 57°C for medium-rare.
Loosely cover with foil, and rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Mix all salad ingredients together and drizzle over olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Serve with salad and flatbread.
Recipe adapted from RecipeTinEats